Visit No. 116. Today I came in during the late afternoon time. It was quite a drive with the combination of rush hour traffic, local drivers, and rain. As I was driving to Jollibee, Jing called me regarding a question about the Fiesta parade. I didn’t know the answer to the question she had so I referred her to another committee member off the Fiesta parade. Before I went in, the man who always solicits donations to me asked for a donation again and I told him I donated already. He told me he liked me Manny Pacquiao shirt. He also asked me where I was going to watch the fight. I kinda just ignored him… So when I went in, I came in to get gift cards. I was getting gift cards which I am going to use for the Manny Pacquiao Look A Like contest for tomorrow’s Filipino Fiesta. The dine in beezyness was about 20 percent. There was a small line. It went pretty fast. The staff worker who was taking paper orders bypassed me because I told her I am getting gift cards. The menu that she showed me was cool because it was laminated. I had to take a second look at it. So when I ordered I asked to get gift cards. Sandy came up to me and took the transaction. I also saw Jing who I talked to earlier I think. She told me that they have their 2nd party today. They had their 1st party recently. I would have stayed longer to check it out but I had more urgent things to do afterwards. When she rang up the first card she misheard the amount on it so she had to void it but had trouble doing so. It was a deja vu moment. So I let her take her time in trying to fix the situation. Since I used a credit card, it was hard, so she refunded me cash which was cool. After getting all the gift cards in place she showed me their new mini pocket menu. To compare it with the old menu….
1) The front cover has a close up on Jollibee and no longer has “Now Open”
2) When you look at the inner and outer flaps, the traditional items are still there with the same prices.
3) The new menu no longer has macaroni salad as a side order dish. You can also upgrade $1 for white meat per piece.
4) The new menu has the new items on such as all the breakfast joys. They also have lumpia rolls and and chicken sotanghon soup which are seasonal offering items.
5) The new menu has an updated and detailed information of the Jollibees across the USA.
6) One thing that the new menu doesn’t highlight is the famous Jolli Hotdog.
7) The new menu has one more page flap than the old menu.
So after I got my cards, Sandy positively forced me or highly encouraged me to buy something, so I got an ube pearl cooler for the road. I looked at the birthday party set up in the back. The party had all these Jollibee themed things like a pinata, party favors, decorations, etc. It was somewhat festive and it twas very nice. The sound coming out of the music was bumpin’ fo sho. I saw some of the service crew staff members. Jestoni asked me where his shirt was. I told him where is Fred because he wants to buy your shirt. I found out Fred was going to be Jollibee at the party and Fred is going to be Jollibee at the Filipino Fiesta parade.
Maligayang Kaarawan to my former Filipino Teacher and Advisor (ang dating guro ng Pilipino) Tita Ime!